There are three important groups of people that contribute to the running of the Trust and to an individual school as follows:
Members of the Trust
A list of the Members of Cheam Academies Network can be found by clicking here.
You can find out more about the Members by clicking here.
Members can hold the Directors of the Trust to account, have the power to appoint or remove Directors and are also able to change the articles of association that provide the framework for how the Trust works (subject to various Laws and Regulations that apply).
Directors of the Trust
A list of Trust Directors can be found by clicking here
A register of Directors' business interests can by found by clicking here
You can find out more about the Directors by clicking here
Directors are accountable for the overall performance of the Trust across all its different parts. They also have to ensure accounts are produced each year in line, comply with Company and Charity Law and are legally accountable. The Directors will take an overview of the performance and standards of the Trust; make strategic decisions for the Trust such as the expansion of the Trust; be responsible for overall estate management and for staffing terms and conditions; approve any Trust policies and agree the Scheme of Delegation that confers powers to any school's Local Governing Body. They are also responsible for the appointment of the Executive Principal and the Headteachers of schools within the Trust.
The Board of Directors are made up of the following roles:
- Initial Directors
- exofficio Executive Principal
- At least 4 Directors appointed by the Board of Directors
- Up to 2 Chairman of Local Governing Bodies (elected by their peers, and restricted to those schools that are at least good or outstanding)
- Up to 2 Headteachers of schools within the company (elected by their peers and restricted to those schools that are at least good or outstanding)
All Directors have the same roles and responsibilities as part of the Board. Decisions are made collectively. Terms of office are 4 years, except for the ex officio post of Executive Principal or those posts elected annually. Directors elect a Chairman of the Board each year, and also a Vice Chairman. Currently, the Directors have the following committees as well as the full Board:
- Finance and Audit Committee which scrutinises the overall financial health of the Trust and monitors to check that financial processes and procedures are robustly followed with different parts of the Trust e.g. each school
- HR Committee that approves overall staffing terms and conditions and advises on difficult cases as needed; they will also oversee performance related matters for key posts within the Trust such as Executive Principal and Headteachers
Local Governing Bodies
The Directors can delegate powers for governance to a school's Governing Body, referred to as a Local Governing Body. For good and outstanding schools, the Scheme allows for extensive delegation.
This is done through a Scheme of Delegation drawn up by the Board of Directors that can be found here.
Please find below key documents relating to the Trust including annual financial statements.
Companies House also holds relevant legal documents relating to theTrust together with a list of DIrectors. You can access the relevant webpage to see these documents by clicking on this link here.
|Accounts information 17/18||18th Dec 2018||Download|
|Accounts Information 16/17||10th Jan 2018||Download|
|Accounts Information 15/16||05th Dec 2016||Download|
|Articles of Association||01st Feb 2016||Download|
|Company Funding Agreement||01st Feb 2016||Download|
|Company Name Incorporation||01st Feb 2016||Download|
|Gender Pay Gap Report 2017/18||29th Mar 2019||Download|